This is my blog about me and my life as a 13 year old girl

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finally, a Post!

      It's been about 3 months since I have written on my blog. I keep putting it off because, well, I just don't have time to write a post (which is code for I just don't feel like it).  So when my teacher told me to write a small journal of my family's time in Florida for homework while there, it was the perfect excuse for me to start writing on here again.

      Our vacation started off with a morning drive to the Grand Forks airport which was pretty uneventful. We just watched The Bridge to Teribithia again, which is one of my favourite movies. It always makes me cry. The Grand Forks airport makes the Winnipeg airport look enormous! The first thing that happened was that my dad locked his keys and his wallet in our van. We called a locksmith and waited for about half an hour inside while he worked on our van. After that, we boarded our plane and settled in for the next 3 hours. 

     1 book, a ball of yarn, and 15 wine gums later, we landed in the Sunshine State. We got our rental car, ate supper at Chile's, and headed to the hotel. We unpacked, looked around our awesome room, and went to bed. The next day was beautiful, so we decided to explore the grounds of our resort. We looked around the lake, saw the mini golf course, took a peek at the basketball court, Foosball, and ping pong, and swam in the pool. It was a great first day! Our really good friends from Ontario came in the evening to join us. They have 3 boys in grades 4, 2, and kindergarten. We all love being with them. The next day was to be a Disney World day, Hollywood studios to be exact.

     Our friends had been to Disney once before and they told us we had to do Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster first! My sister Ellie and my mom are absolutely not scary ride or fast rollercoaster people, so they sat out while the rest of us headed on to those rides. I really loved Rockin' Rollercoaster. Tower of Terror was fun too, but not really my type of ride. We saw some cool shows (I loved Indiana Jones, I remembered seeing it on the Disney episode of Full House) and of course we did It's a Small World. That song is so annoying! 

The next day we all headed to Magic Kingdom. We had a little...mishap when my dad took a wrong turn and we couldn't get to the parking lot. But it ended up all right. Magic Kingdom had some great rides. Space Mountain is incredible! We convinced Ellie to go on, but not my mom. Ellie hated it with a passion. Splash Mountain was closed unfortunately, but we all (minus Ellie and Mom) had a good time on Big Thunder Mountain. We did some other rides, saw some other shows and had lots of fun at Magic Kingdom.

On our 4th day, we decided it was time for a break from Disney World. While the moms were off shopping, the rest of us were playing many rounds of Dutch Blitz in the morning and a mini golf competition between the families. Team Penner won, of course. The second half of our day was spent at Epcot. I loved Epcot because it didn't feel as Disney as the other parks. We did some awesome rides like Soarin' and Test Track. Soarin' is a simulator ride which makes you feel like you are hang gliding hundreds of feet in the air. It was probably one of my favourite rides of all time. Test Track was a super high speed racecar type ride which everyone did. All I could hear on the fastest part was Ellie's high pitched shriek in my ear. We ate supper at a Japanese resturant where they cook the food right in front of you. Our chef was funny and our food was great! That meal was one of the highlights of my trip!

At this moment, I am sitting by the pool enjoying our complete day off from Disney. Later today we will go to the Cheesecake Factory for supper. Today was filled with swimming, ice cream, Cherry Coke, and hula hooping contests which my family dominated. The pool is awesome and the weather is perfect. Got to go now - the hot tub is calling my name.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment