This is my blog about me and my life as a 13 year old girl

Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Review

I read a really good book called The Other Half of my Heart by Sundee T. Frazier.  It is about twin sisters, Minni and Keira.  What makes them so special is that Minni is white like their dad, while Keira is black like their mom.  One day they get a call from Grandmother Johnson, inviting them to compete in the Black Pearls of America Pageant.  Minni dreads the spotlight, while Keira couldn't be happier.  Everyone competing in the pageant is black, so Minni feels like she stands out and doesn't belong.  Then Keira starts to question whether Minni feels she is better than her, and all of Keira's support starts to crumble.  This book is written from Minni's perspective.   Here is a picture of the book.





I read this book four times in a row.  That's when you know it's a good book!

1 comment: